Friday, September 05, 2008

Father's Day

I love special occasions throughout the year, like Father's Day, for two reasons. First of all, it is a great opportunity to say "Thank You" to special people in our lives, like my husband and my Dad. But the other reason that I love these occasions is far more selfish! It is a great chance to prioritise some card making over all the other boring jobs that I should be doing!! :)


These are the cards that I have come up with tonight. I know that they are only simple, but have had such a great night, listening to "Brooke Fraser" and stamping away....kids in bed...bliss!

(BTW, after I made them, I checked the email, and there on feedblitz was Kirrily's blog about her Father's Day effort....looks like we both chose stars! Great minds think alike! I love the book, Kirrily!). Also, I must acknowledge Amy Taylor as my inspiration for these cards. I love your recent card Amy! I went searching for my Little Pieces after I saw that, but I couldn't find them, so I had to do this instead :).


all images ©1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

Kirrily actually showed me this clever punching technique. I "had" to buy the small star punch after that!

The materials used in this card are:

Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Garden Green, Old Olive, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard and Very Vanilla
Inks: Not Quite Navy and Old Olive
Stamp sets: So Many Sayings (Level 1 Hostess Set) and All About Occasions
Other: Large Star Punch and Star Punch, eyelets (old ones....sorry S'U!) and crop-o-dile to set them.

all images ©1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

This card is similar to the first. Why put everything away when you are on a roll?

The only different material used is Gold Cord from the 07/08 catalogue (I wish it wasn't deleted....I love cord!) and Always Artichoke Grosgrain Ribbon.

"Happy Father's Day" to all the great dads out there, especially to my hubby, Andrew and my dad, Graham.



3 comments:

Marelle Taylor said...

ahem...Father's day was quite a while ago now hint, hint ;o)

Marelle Taylor said...

Oh good. Just in time for Father's Day! LOL

Kylie said...

Congratulations on starting your blog. I've been blog hopping and came across yours. Well done.